The Development Manager will work with the executive director of Community Arts Stabilization Trust (CAST) to raise significant capital for a start-up nonprofit real estate development and holding company for arts and culture. S/he will be responsible for supporting the executive director in every aspect of fundraising as well as working on other forms of financing including program related investments and market rate financing. This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Work with executive director to plan and execute all aspects of CAST’s fundraising initiatives including donor research and outreach strategy
- Work with executive director to set goals, analyze institutional and individual prospects and manage applications and individual solicitations
- Work with executive director and finance director to research, analyze and apply for program related investments and social enterprise financing
- Own the creation and tracking of all grant applications, grant calendars, and reporting
- Maintain donor information, record keeping, and grants management
- 3 years+ of experience working in development or finance in a nonprofit/social enterprise organization. It could be an organization focused on community development, affordable housing, or real estate development and asset management, the arts or a for-profit real estate development company.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree in business, arts administration or related fields preferred.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and execute multiple time-sensitive priorities with precision and integrity.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high level of discretion.
- Exceptional, proven ability to be a strong team player.
- Excellent listener and communicator.
- Possesses a positive, proactive and can do attitude.
- A sense of humor.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings, as required.
- Commitment to CAST’s mission and goals as well as an interest in the arts.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Typical office environment
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Position Location: San Francisco, CA
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume, salary history, and a cover letter describing why you would be interested in working at CAST to email@example.com. Kindly include the position name in the e-mail subject line.