The Development Associate will work closely alongside CAST’s founding Executive Director to support efforts that shape the next phase of the CAST’s financial and programmatic growth, in particular, a wide-ranging fundraising and financing campaign. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about CAST’s mission and coordinate critical behind-the-scenes efforts and infrastructure that drive forward CAST’s fundraising, leadership development, and real estate work. This is a full-time, exempt position based in San Francisco.
- Support Executive Director to execute all aspects of CAST’s fundraising initiatives including donor research, outreach, writing, and data management
- Work with Executive Director and Finance Director to research, analyze, and apply for program-related investments and social enterprise financing
- Manage Executive Director’s calendar, including donor meetings and travel appointments
- Maintain new fundraising donor database
- Manage social media accounts (Facebook, blog, Twitter, etc.) and coordinate publicity initiatives.
- Stay current on best practices in real estate development, community development, philanthropy, social media, and marketing; integrate best practices into our fundraising activities.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 2 years of relevant experience, including a track record of prioritizing and executing multiple time-sensitive priorities with precision and integrity.
- Exceptional organizational skills, even when facing multiple deadlines.
- Excellent listener and communicator.
- Strong writing and editing skills, including demonstrated success with persuasive writing and internal and external communications.
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong team player.
- Positive, proactive, and “can do” attitude.
- Previous experience in a nonprofit or social enterprise organization preferred, not required.
- Previous experience could be at an organization focused on the arts, community development, real estate development, asset management, or a for-profit real estate development company.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high level of discretion.
- Demonstrated passion for arts and culture.
- Commitment to CAST’s mission and vision.
- Commitment to continuous learning.
- A sense of humor.
- Creative problem-solver
- Previous experience in the arts, community development, real estate development or affordable housing preferred but not required.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, or other fundraising data systems preferred
- Ability to work weekends and evenings, as required, including at least 12 a year.
- Skilled user of the Microsoft Office suite. Demonstrated ability to learn new applications and support others in the adoption of new applications.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Typical office environment
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Position Location: San Francisco, CA
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter describing why you would be interested in working at CAST to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly include the position name in the e-mail subject line.