East Bay Relief Fund for Individuals in the Arts – Apply by Dec. 8
The East Bay Relief Fund for Individuals in the Arts is a pooled fund led by Kenneth Rainin Foundation with support from the Walter & Elise Haas Fund. The Fund makes available $337,500 to help the region’s artists, teaching artists, culture bearers, and nonprofit arts workers who comprise the various and diverse cultural communities of Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. The Center for Cultural Innovation (CCI) is administering this Fund.The Fund is for artists, teaching artists, culture bearers, and nonprofit arts workers who need financial help as a result of this federally recognized qualified disaster. Grants will be distributed to reflect the diversity of the East Bay—Alameda and Contra Costa Counties—including those who are of historically underserved communities and whose marginalized status have made the economic impacts of COVID-19 more difficult financially on them.
Applicants can apply for up to $2,000 in grants. The Fund will prioritize the financial needs of individuals who are of cultural communities that are historically underserved and are particularly financially vulnerable—Black, Indigenous, Latinx, foreign-born immigrants, trans, and people with disabilities—and distribute the funds throughout the two-county East Bay region.
- Must be a current, full-time resident of Alameda or Contra Costa Counties;
- Must be an artist, teaching artist, culture bearer, and/or nonprofit arts worker; and
- Cannot have a conflict of interest (family or financial relationships) with the boards, staff, and directors of CCI and funders of the Relief Fund.
- Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 9 a.m. PT: Application Cycle Opens
- Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at 12 p.m. (Noon) PT: Application Cycle Closes
- Tuesday, December 14, 2021: Notifications Made
- Tuesday, December 14, 2021 – Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at 5 pm PT: Payment processing (Grantees who sign and return their grant agreements after December 21 at 5 p.m. will have their payment processed on or after January 3, 2022. For this reason, we strongly encourage signing the grant agreement and activating your Tipalti payment processing account as soon as possible in order to receive payment before the end of the 2021 year.)
Submit by Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
If you have questions about the Fund or the application process, contact CCI at firstname.lastname@example.org or 213.705.9112.